"Yes dear! All the better to EAT you with!!! (Hobart, 2006, p.14)"
I chose this book because I have read this story in Japanese many times when I was a child. I have never read this story in English, so I want to try it.
This story started the scene that a little red riding hood went to her grandmother's house to give some cakes. Before that, she was told by her mother that she must not dawdle along the way and talk to strangers. But, there were so many cute flowers on her way to see her grandmother, so she forgot her promise to her mother and pick them up. At that time, a wolf came up to her, and told that there are more flowers over there. The girl believed him and went there. While, the wolf went to her grandmother's house before she came, and her grandmother hid closet. After that, the girl got to her grandmother's house, and talked the wolf grandmother. Then, the wolf ate the girl. However, a woodcutter came there and rescued them. After that, the girl became good girl who keeps her promise.
After I read, I thought this story is different from the story which I read in Japanese. In the Japanese story, the girl's grandmother was eaten by the wolf, but in this story, the grandmother just hid in closet. I thought why these story are different. I want to read other story too. I would like you to this story and feel these difference.
Reference
Hobart, Ruth. (2006). Little Red Riding Hood. Genoa: Black Cat Publishing[272 words]

0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿